Big Mike's Tree Service is Hiring!
If you’re looking for a rewarding career and want to make some great money and get fit while working, give us a call. Our company has been successfully serving our region for over twenty years. As we grow, we often have various positions available which range from a general laborer to a tree climbing expert.
Reports to: Crew Leader/General Foreperson
- Uses a chainsaw to cut brush, logs and stumps of larger trees. Works from the ground using gasoline powered chainsaws.
- Loads and unloads trucks with logs, stumps, brush and debris and/or feeds brush into a wood chipper. Will gather brush and carry to chipper area.
- Works around hazardous equipment.
- Works around excessive noise from machines, chainsaws, wood chipper and must wear proper personal protective equipment.
- Is exposed to all temperatures and weather; will be exposed to nature, i.e., irritating plants, biting or stinging insects, dust, etc.
- May work on rough terrain.
- Helps enforce on-the-job safety practices for crew members.
- Safeguards employees and public from hazards in and around the work area. Cooperates with customer, police, and fire departments when blocking streets or driveways. Sets up barriers, warning signs, flags, etc. to protect employees as well as the public. Trained to perform tree and bucket rescue.
- Drives a truck with an attached brush chipper or other trailing unit such as trailer, etc.
- Keeps work area picked up and orderly.
- Carries and lays out tools and equipment at work site.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Must be able to wear necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Needs to be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times per day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work tasks such as rain, heat, sun, cold, snow.
- Must be able to write, read, and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
- Must be able to communicate with others and represent Big Mike’s Tree Service in a professional manner.
- Possess the ability to lift, move, and maneuver up to 50 pounds on an infrequent basis and up to 30 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Ability to work long hours and overtime during emergencies (including holidays, weekends, storm work) and will be subject to call-out work.
- Ability to operate and service all required tools and equipment.
- Must have valid driver’s license and be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Big Mike’s Tree Service employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.